Volunteers : Juneteenth We Need Your Help!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering. We need those dedicated individuals and groups of people that help make the Annual Juneteenth Celebration run with smoothly.
We are looking for volunteers and you have the option to work all day or just a shift. Areas of Assistance needed:
- Set up / Breakdown
- Vendor Support
- Crowd & Traffic Control
- Youth and Activity Support
- Performance Managers / Support
- Social Media
Juneteenth Festival Volunteer Policy
You (Volunteer), desire to work as a volunteer for Southeast Juneteenth Festival and engage in the activities related to being a volunteer for the events.
You hereby, voluntarily, execute this Volunteer Waiver under the following terms:
- You agree to release and hold harmless the AJC & National Black Doll Museum and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from my volunteer work with the AJC &Museum.
- You understand that this Waiver discharges the AJC & Museum from any liability or claim that you, the Volunteer, may have against the AJC & Museum with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from my participation on the AJC & Museum’s work site. You also fully understand that the AJC & Museum does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability insurance, in the event of injury, illness, death or property damage.
- You, the Volunteer, understand that you expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of the AJC &Museum beyond what may be offered freely by the representative of the AJC &Museum in the event of such injury or medical expense.
- You hereby release the AJC & Museum from any claim whatsoever which arises or may arise in the future on account of any first aid treatment or other medical services that are conducted in connection with an emergency during my time with the AJC &Museum.
- You understand that your time with the AJC &Museum may include various activities that may be hazardous to you and you hereby expressly and specifically assume the risk of injury or harm in these activities and release the Organization from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the activities of my time with the AJC & Museum.
- You grant unto the AJC & Museum all right, title, and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings that are made by the AJC & Museum during your work with the AJC & Museum, including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits that are derived from such photographs or recordings.
- You expressly agree that this Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in the United States of America, and that this Waiver shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. You agree that if any clause or provision of this Waiver shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Waiver which shall continue to be enforced.
- You understand, completion of this Waiver does not signify volunteer status. Those accepted will be contacted directly by the Volunteer Coordinator & team.